I feel that it is extremely important to continue with my own professional development in order to be able to reflect on, and improve my practice.
In 2010 I achieved a distinction in my Foundation Degree in Early Years, a qualification I took through the Open University.
I have already achieved:
- The Hertfordshire Quality Standards (HQS) is a quality assurance scheme for providers of early education and childcare in Hertfordshire. These providers include after school clubs, childminders, day nurseries, pre-schools, and nursery and reception classes. The award reflects that the setting meets the HQS criteria and provides a high quality service and environment that exceeds the requirements of the Ofsted standards. I first achieved my HQS status in July 2003 and it is renewed every 3 years.
- The ICP (Introduction to Childminding Practices) and DCP (Development of Childminding Practices). These courses form the first two parts of CACHE Certificate in Childminding and are equivalent to an level 2 qualification.
- The NVQ Early Years Childcare and Education a level 3 qualification.
- My A1 Assessor Award, another level 3 qualification, enabling me to assess NVQ candidates in their own setting.
The following area range of mandatory and optional short courses I have taken:
- Paediatric First Aid for Babies and Children under 8
- Care, Play and Learning for Babies
- Behaviour Management for Children 5-11 in Out of School Settings
- Activities for Children aged 5+
- Behaviour Management for Children under 5
- Helping your Child to Read
- First Aid (12 hour refresher required every 3 years)
- Child Protection
- Food Hygiene
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity
- Healthy eating for 5-14 Year Olds
- Literacy Live!
- An Introduction to the Birth to Three Matters Framework
- Understanding and Reflecting on Birth to Three Matters
- Peer Observations
- Managing Change
- Multi Agency Working